1.1. Repsol Foundation, a Spanish foundation with tax identification number G-81251860 and registered office at Calle Méndez Álvaro, nº 44 - 28045 Madrid, Spain (hereinafter "Repsol Foundation"), in its commitment to promoting initiatives that respond to the social needs of the places where the Repsol Group is present, is holding a call for proposals entitled "Entrepreneurial Volunteering" (hereinafter the "Call for Proposals"), which will be carried out in accordance with the terms and conditions set out in these rules (hereinafter the "Terms and Conditions").
1.2. Repsol Foundation will carry out the Call for Proposals in collaboration with with Fundación Lealtad, as well as those responsible from certain departments of the Repsol Group involved in its elaboration/management; both the Fundación Lealtad as well as the aforementioned department managers of the Repsol Group will communicate to potential participants of the Call for Proposal, through several ways, how to participate and the content of it.
2. Agreement with the Terms and Conditions
2.1. Participation in this Call for Proposals implies full and unconditional acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, without exception or reservation.
2.2. Repsol Foundation reserves the right to modify, and even cancel, at any moment the Terms and Conditions of this Call for Proposals, undertaking to publicise the new Terms or Conditions or, where appropriate, the permanent cancellation of the Call for Proposals through the same means used for the dissemination of it.
The Call for Proposals is part of Repsol Foundation’s Volunteering Plan, and its aim is to promote the social commitment and solidarity of its participants ― as described in point 6.1. below ―, and to channel their social concerns so that they can design and propose volunteering projects in collaboration with non-profit organisations, all in response to the social needs of their community (hereinafter the “Projects”).
4. Period of the Call for Proposals
The Call for Proposals will take place from 5 April 2021 ― when the period to submit Projects opens ― until 1 October 2022 ― the date when the final implementation reports of the Projects will be submitted ― (hereinafter “Period of the Call for Proposals”). See details of the phases of the Call for Proposals in the appendix attached to these Terms and Conditions.
The Call for Proposals is free and therefore no additional payment is necessary to participate and win the prize. This excludes any expenses, fees, and/or taxes that may correspond to the selected Projects in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.
6. Requirements and Project Selection Procedure
6.1.1. Employees, early retirees and retirees from the Repsol Group, Repsol Foundation, Repsol Impacto Social, and participating companies from the Repsol Group will be able to submit Projects to the Call for Proposals, as long as: (i) they reside in the countries where the Repsol Group is present and (ii) have registered as Repsol Foundation volunteers (hereinafter “Promoter Volunteers”) through the following website: www.voluntariado.fundacionrepsol.com/en (“the Repsol Volunteering Website”).
6.1.2. The same Project may be submitted jointly by several Promoter Volunteers, as long as all of them, individually, have registered in the Call for Proposals indicating that they belong to the same team. In that case, they must choose a team representative as a spokesperson, who will be the person that will act as the team contact throughout the Period of the Call for Proposals.
6.1.3. Likewise, the Promoter Volunteers whose Project is selected may, in turn, involve other volunteers from Repsol Foundation (hereinafter the “Repsol Foundation Volunteers") to carry out any actions required to set up or develop the Project in question.
6.1.4. The Promoter Volunteers from the selected Projects, in their capacity as leaders of the Projects, shall act as a link between Repsol Foundation and the social organisations benefiting from the Projects. Consequently, for the time necessary for the development and implementation of the Projects, there shall be direct communication with the Promoter Volunteers of the selected Projects.
6.1.5. The Promoter Volunteers undertake to collaborate with Repsol Foundation in the dissemination of the Call for Proposals and selected Projects. To this end, the Promoter Volunteers of the selected Projects shall participate in interviews, photo shoots, and reports organised by Repsol Foundation, and must complete in advance the corresponding form for the transfer of image rights that Repsol Foundation will provide them with for this purpose.
6.1.6. Repsol Foundation acquires no contractual obligation or commitment to the Promoter Volunteers or Repsol Foundation Volunteers arising from their participation in the Call for Proposals and their collaboration in its dissemination.
6.2. Project Submission
6.2.1. In order to participate, Promoter Volunteers will have to submit the Projects through the form located at the following link: www.voluntariado.fundacionrepsol.com/en/entreprenurial-volunteering-enrollment. Project applications sent by any means other than the aforementioned form will not be accepted under any circumstances.
6.2.2. The submission period will take place from 5 April 2021 until 1 June 2021, at 23:59 (GMT+2).
6.2.3. Projects submitted outside these deadlines indicated in point 6.2.2. above will not be considered.
6.2.4. For the submission and admission of projects, the form on the Repsol Volunteering website must be completed in its entirety, and an additional explanatory report may be added, including the complete and necessary information for the assessment of the following aspects relating to the project:
· Identification of objectives.
· Description of activities, phases, and implementation schedule.
· Identification of beneficiaries.
· A detailed and itemised budget.
· Sufficient information to assess the Projects' technical, financial, and management feasibility.
· Establishment of measurable evaluation indicators and criteria.
· If the Projects receive any type of additional funding, it will be necessary to document the contributions made by other collaborating organisations.
6.2.5. Projects may be submitted in Word or PDF format, and in any of the following languages: Spanish, English, or Portuguese.
6.2.6. Only applications relating to specific Projects that meet the requirements established in the Terms and Conditions will be accepted.
6.3. Requirements and assessment criteria of Projects
6.3.1. Minimum requirements – The Projects submitted must meet all of the following minimum requirements to be assessed:
· They must be implemented with the collaboration of a legally established and registered non-profit organisation, present in the local community where the initiative is set to take place. This organisation must have been in operation for at least one full business year, with available annual accounts. Foundations must have registered annual accounts and activity reports in the Foundations Register. Associations classified as being of public interest must have registered annual accounts and activity reports in the corresponding register. Other organisations must have their annual accounts approved by their General Meeting.
· Respond to a social need related to the purposes of the social organisation (hereinafter the “Beneficiary Organisation(s)”.
· Take place locally in the countries where Repsol is present.
· Have the collaboration of Repsol Foundation Volunteers in the implementation of any of the activities of the Projects submitted.
· Be fully implemented between 13 September 2021 and 13 September 2022.
6.3.2. Exclusions and considerations - In addition to the minimum requirements above, the following will be taken into account when submitting a Project to the Call for Proposals:
· All the projects that, ultimately, are only aimed at obtaining financial aid to pay the management costs of the Beneficiary Organisation, or for the recruitment of staff and/or professionals and/or for the financing of material resources will be excluded.
· Applications concerning Projects proposed and implemented by corporate foundations and associations or groups of businesses, universities, educational centres and/or business schools, private individuals, savings banks’ social projects or government bodies are expressly excluded.
· The same Beneficiary Organisation may receive Financial Aid granted to different Projects, submitted by different Promoter Volunteers, provided that each of them responds to different social needs of the community.
· The Promoter Volunteers may submit as many different Projects as they wish, with the same or different Beneficiary Organisations, provided that they guarantee they have the capacity to lead them and participate directly as coordinators of the activities in the event all their Projects submitted in this Call for Proposals are selected.
6.3.3. Evaluation criteria – The selection of Projects will be carried out taking into account the following evaluation criteria:
· SOCIAL IMPACT. This criterion seeks to evaluate and ensure that Projects contribute significantly to caring or solving a social problem that has been affecting a certain population or group. Therefore, the number of intended beneficiaries and the relevance of the Projects to improve their quality of life and access to opportunities will be assessed.
· VOLUNTEERS MOBILISED. This criterion seeks to evaluate the potential that the Projects have to involve more volunteers with a significant role, in accordance with the concept of volunteering established in the Volunteering Law 45/2015, of 14 October. Likewise, it helps to ensure that their skills and abilities are used to benefit their personal growth and wellness in the communities affected.
· Experience of the collaborating social organisation. That the organisation in which the Project is intended to be carried out has the experience and capacity to implement the project and coordinate the participation of the Promoter Volunteers will be valued.
· SCOPE OF ACTION. The proposals should contribute to the inclusive energy transition, prioritising the following four action segments:
· INNOVATION. Projects must stand out for offering an innovative solution with high potential to solve a social need. Thus, the use of novel strategies and resources with the goal to address a specific social problem as well as offering alternative solutions by incorporating new processes will be assessed positively.
· SUSTAINABILITY. This criterion seeks to evaluate the incorporation of strategies for the transfer of capacities to the population, or social organisation, so that they can give continuity to the Projects and/or benefit others. Therefore, the implementation of mechanisms that make Projects socially and economically feasible after the intervention of the Promoter Volunteers will be taken into account.
· SCALABILITY. Projects will have to have a clear structure that facilitates their understanding and dissemination, so that they can be shared with others for implementation. Projects that are inspiring for others and whether subsequent replicas or editions can be implemented with the same or lower costs anywhere the Repsol Group is present will be taken into account.
6.3.4. Additional evaluation criteria - Furthermore, Projects will be positively assessed if the Beneficiary Organisations:
· Are classified as of being of public interest (in the case of organisations domiciled in Spain) or have a similar status in the country where the organisation has its headquarters.
· Conduct external account audits, where this isn’t a legal requirement.
· Have been certified with the Accredited NGO Stamp from Fundación Lealtad for Beneficiary Organisations domiciled in Spain, or certified with stamps for transparency and best practices in the case of Beneficiary Organisations domiciled abroad.
6.4. Selection of Projects
Once the submission period ends, the selection process will be divided into three (3) phases (see appendix with the schedule of the different phases):
1. First evaluation phase: Fundación Lealtad will carry out a first assessment of the Projects, taking into consideration, as provided in point 6.3 of these Terms and Conditions: (i) the minimum requirements for the submission of Projects, as well as (ii) the evaluation criteria and additional criteria. Fundación Lealtad will make a first selection of Projects, ensuring the quality and suitability of the submitted proposals, and selecting those with the highest scores.
If necessary, Fundación Lealtad will request additional information about the Projects submitted, to make the proposals more specific and clarify any doubts about them.
2. Second evaluation phase: An Evaluation Committee made up of experts appointed by Repsol Foundation will assess the Projects that have been chosen in the first evaluation phase, and will select up to ten (10) of them.
3. Evaluation Committee Decision: It will be made public on the Repsol Volunteering website on 5 July 2021, before 23:59 (GMT+2), as well as through the channels that Repsol Foundation sees fit. The Promoter Volunteers will first be notified in writing through the email address provided in the application form.
The Evaluation Committee may declare the Call for Proposals null and void if it considers that the level of demand of the Projects submitted does not meet the expectations of the objectives of the Call for Proposals.
7. Financial Aid
7.1. The selected Projects will be able to receive financial aid of up to five thousand euros (€5000) maximum (“Financial Aid”). This amount will be credited directly into the accounts of the Beneficiary Organisations of the selected Projects.
7.2. Repsol Foundation reserves the right to increase the amount corresponding to the Financial Aid where it deems it necessary to develop large projects given their special characteristics, scope, impact and alignment with Repsol Foundation’s work on the energy transition. Likewise, Repsol Foundation reserves the right to select the number of Projects that it considers appropriate, according to the quality of the Projects received. The Beneficiary organisations of the Projects selected must earmark the amount received solely and exclusively for the implementation and development of the Projects.
7.3. In accordance with current legislation on the prevention of money laundering, as set out in Law 10/2010 and the implementing regulation in force at any given time, as a party obligated to comply with said regulation, Repsol Foundation will comply with its obligations to identify the Beneficiary Organisations.
7.4. In order to receive the Financial Aid, the Beneficiary Organisations, through the Promoter Volunteers of the selected Projects, must provide the following documentation to Repsol Foundation, within a maximum period of thirty (30) calendar days from the communication of the evaluation committee's decision, following the instructions that Repsol Foundation informs to the Promoter Volunteers of the selected Projects:
· Certificate of registration in the corresponding register or an equivalent document certifying the legal and non-profit status of the Beneficiary Organisation and, where appropriate, their registration in accordance with the regulations currently in force in their country.
· Annual accounts including, at least, the balance sheet and/or profit-and-loss account, and/or financial report for the last full business year. In the case of foundations and associations classified as being of public interest, they must also provide the certificate of deposit of the accounts or, where applicable, the submission of accounts to the respective register. Religious associations and organisations must provide the certificate of approval of annual accounts from the Governing Body.
· Completed and duly signed affidavit (according to the model provided by Repsol Foundation), certifying that the organisation is not involved in any legal proceedings or irregular activities, as well as confirmation of understanding and acceptance of the Repsol Foundation Supplier Code of Ethics and Business Conduct.
· Copy of the powers of attorney of the persons representing the Beneficiary Organisation.
· Certificate of ownership of the bank account issued within the last year, into which the payment is to be made (must include the following: Name of banking institution, SWIFT code, IBAN, account number, and account holder). The holders of the bank accounts must be the collaborating Beneficiary Organisations in the selected Projects and under no circumstances may they be held by a natural person or located in territories classified as tax havens or tax-free jurisdictions, pursuant to the provisions of the list contained in Royal Decree 1080/1991, of 5 July and the amendments and criteria included both in Additional Provision 1 of Law 36/2006 and in the resolution of the Directorate General of Taxation of 23 December 2014.
7.5. The following documents may also be required by Repsol Foundation from Beneficiary Organisations:
· High-quality photos to illustrate the Projects, in addition to a transfer of image rights form from the persons who appear in the photos provided. An assignment document will be required for each person who appears in the images; or for the legal guardians of minors and/or persons with disabilities.
This additional documentation must be provided within a period of thirty (30) calendar days from the moment it is requested by Repsol Foundation. If the aforementioned documentation is not provided within that period, is incomplete, or shows that the Beneficiary Organisation does not comply with the requirements established in these Terms and Conditions, Repsol Foundation reserves the right to withdraw the Financial Aid from the Beneficiary Organisation and to select another Project from the finalists assessed by the Evaluation Committee.
7.6. Each party will be responsible for any tax liabilities arising from the Projects selected, in accordance with applicable tax legislation.
8. Execution of the selected Projects
8.1. The Promoter Volunteers of the Projects which turn out to be selected will implement the voluntary actions between 13 September 2021 and 13 September 2022.
8.2. Repsol Foundation will disseminate through the Repsol Volunteering website those volunteering actions carried out by the Promoter Volunteers of the selected Projects, with the aim of contributing to the recruitment and registration of Repsol Foundation Volunteers for the development of these actions. Repsol Foundation will request a schedule of the actions planned, which the Promoter Volunteers of the selected Projects will have to provide at least forty (40) calender days prior to their implementation, to be able to guarantee the correct dissemination of the activities.
8.3. Once the selected Project is underway, the Promoter Volunteers from the Project may invite other employees, interns or trainees to participate in these actions, as well as external advisors, early retirees and/or retired employees of the Repsol Group, Repsol Foundation, Repsol Impacto Social, and participating companies from the Group, as well as their family and friends. However, prior to their participation in the Project, these persons must register as Repsol Foundation Volunteers through the Repsol Volunteering website and sign up for these actions.
8.4. Repsol Foundation will follow-up on the development of the selected Projects, for which it will request the corresponding reports, according to the established schedule, which it will provide to the Promoter Volunteers of the selected Projects.
8.5. The execution phase of the selected Projects will end with the presentation of the final report of results of each one of them to Repsol Foundation on 1 October 2022 maximum. Said report must contain a financial justification report and activities carried out as a result of the Financial Aid that must conform to the budget and activities described in the Project submission form.
8.6. Repsol Foundation and Fundación Lealtad may request additional information from Beneficiary Organisations with which Promoter Volunteers collaborate in order to confirm and document the correct use of the Financial Aid granted to the selected Projects. In the event that the documentation requested is not provided, Repsol Foundation reserves the right to request the reimbursement of the Financial Aid.
9. Declaration by Volunteers
By submitting an application for this Call for Proposals, Volunteers warrant that:
· The Projects submitted are original and/or that they have discretionary usage rights for any ideas, texts, images, or any other element subject of intellectual and/or industrial property that may be incorporated in them.
· The information provided in the Projects contains no confidential or secret information about third parties or, where appropriate, that they have the authorisations and licences allowing for their disclosure as part of this Call for Proposals.
· They have full legal capacity to act and take part in the Call for Proposals and their participation does not infringe any rule or regulation.
· They will bear any taxes that may arise from participating in this Call for Proposals as well as from potentially obtaining Financial Aid.
· Repsol Foundation will not be held liable for any damage, losses, costs, expenses, claims, sanctions, etc. as a result of submitting a Project.
10. Data Protection
10.1. The participation in the Call for Proposals is voluntary and requires the processing of personal data provided by the Promoter Volunteers, Repsol Foundation Volunteers, and the Beneficiary Organisations of the Projects submitted. Pursuant to the provisions of the applicable regulations with regard to personal data protection, processing will be carried out in accordance with the following points:
· Data controller: Repsol Foundation.
· Data subject to the processing: All data provided by the Promoter Volunteers and the Repsol Foundation Volunteers, as well as any data collected as a result of their participation in the Call for Proposals.
· Purpose: Carrying out the processes necessary for the development of the Call for Proposals, including contact with the applicants.
· Lawful basis for processing: The submission of the application to participate in the Call for Proposals, consent provided, and the legitimate interest from Repsol Foundation are the legal bases enabling this processing.
· Data recipients: Those required by law and the suppliers who provide services and act as data controllers as well as Fundación Lealtad, the Repsol Group, and all parties collaborating in managing and developing the Call for Proposals, receiving applications, and preselecting candidates.
· Rights of the data subject: Access, rectification, objection, erasure, restriction of processing, portability, and withdrawal of consent. These rights may be exercised by informing the data controller at its registered address. Complaints may also be lodged with the supervisory authority at any time.
· Duration of processing: While the Call for Proposals takes place and, once over, until the statutes of limitations for all types of legal liability have passed.
10.2. If they provide third-party personal data, Promoter Volunteers are responsible for informing said third party of the contents of the present clause. Furthermore, Promoter Volunteers must ensure that they have been granted express consent by said third party before sharing the latter’s personal data with Repsol Foundation, which will be held harmless against any liability in case of failure to inform the third party or obtain the latter’s consent for data processing by Repsol Foundation.
11. Liability waiver and reservation of rights
11.1. Promoter Volunteers agree not to use any content for the initiative that is unlawful, obscene, pornographic, abusive, defamatory, slanderous, racist or otherwise contrary to morals or public order, publicity or any content that may be offensive and/or damage the image of Repsol Foundation, as well as any third-party individuals or legal entities, and/or that may infringe upon or otherwise violate their rights.
11.2. Likewise, Promoter Volunteers and Repsol Foundation Volunteers agree not to insert any type of computer virus or corrupt files which could damage or provoke unauthorised changes of the contents, programmes, or information systems.
11.3. In the event that these provisions are breached, Repsol Foundation may immediately suspend their participation and, where applicable, remove the supposedly unlawful contents without giving rise to any type of claim in favour of the Participant.
11.4. Likewise, Repsol Foundation reserves the right to remove, prevent the participation of, or even withdraw the Financial Aid granted to Beneficiary Organisation collaborators of the selected Projects that (i) misuse the means made available to participate in the initiative, (ii) prevent the normal development of the initiative, (iii) carry out any fraudulent or harmful actions to other Promoter Volunteers or Repsol Foundation Volunteers that infringe upon the transparency of the initiative, (iv) as well as those Promoter Volunteers that have benefited directly or indirectly from this type of fraudulent action.
11.5. Repsol Foundation reserves the right to not grant Financial Aid if there are reasonable and well-founded grounds to think that a Promoter Volunteer has infringed upon any of these terms and conditions.
11.6. Repsol Foundation may act in the sense indicated in the preceding paragraphs either at its sole and exclusive discretion or at the request of the third party concerned. The above is without prejudice to Repsol Foundation’s right to pursue any and all civil or criminal action that may be applicable.
11.7. In the event that the Call for Proposals cannot be carried out — whether due to fraud, technical errors, or any other reason found to be outside the control of Repsol Foundation and that negatively affects the normal development of the initiative, Repsol Foundation reserves the right to cancel, alter, or suspend it, without being liable for any claims made by the Promoter Volunteers or Repsol Foundation Volunteers to Repsol Foundation.
11.8. Repsol Foundation will not be liable for any potential shortcomings, delays, or any other circumstance attributable to third parties that may negatively affect participation via the Internet, including potential shortcomings or failures related to telecommunications or the malfunction of the websites that may be involved in this initiative due to circumstances beyond Repsol Foundation's control.
12. Law and dispute resolution.
12.1. These Terms and Conditions and this Call for Proposals, as well as any relationships arising from it between the Promoter Volunteers and/or Beneficiary Organisations and Repsol Foundation shall be governed by applicable Spanish legislation in force.
12.2. Any controversy that may arise with regards to the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions, as well as any disputes that may arise between the Promoter Volunteers and/or Beneficiary Organisations and Repsol Foundation that cannot be solved amicably within a period of thirty (30) days from its communication to the other party, shall be submitted to the competent courts and tribunals of the city of Madrid.
13.1. Initiative phases
 Those from the Repsol Group, Repsol Foundation, Repsol Impacto Social, and participating companies of the Repsol Group will be considered employees if they reside in countries where the Repsol Group is present and have a work contract with any of these entities in force until at least December 2022. External personnel, interns, or trainees will not be able to participate in the Call for Proposals.